Maternal knowledge, attitude and practices about childhood diarrhea and ORT
During the residency, we usually present our preliminary thesis findings in a local or national conference. Summarising a thesis topic in a few slides and Presenting it in awithin a limited time frame on stage takes a lot of effort and practise.
The post outlines my thesis findings presented at the IAP conference held during my pediatric residency years. It should give a fair idea of how to prepare a summary of your findings.
The Thesis topic I presented was "Maternal knowledge, application and practices regarding diarrhea and oral rehydration therapy in children"
In general prepare the presentation based on following sub-headings
- Introduce the topic, epidemiology, overall problem, and need for research on the topic
- State your aim, both primary and secondary if any
- Share your observation preferably as Graphics
- Conclude the topic and state how you achieved the mentioned aim.
- Make recommendations based on your findings and review of available literature.
Ajay Agade | DNB(Pediatrics), FNB(Pediatric Intensive Care), Fellowship in Pediatric pulmonology and LTV
Ajay is a Paediatric Intensivist, currently working in Pediatric Pulmonology & LTV at Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS, London