How to approach a child with short stature?
This post outlines a approach to a child with short stature. Might be helpful in the practical exam.
Following topics are covered
- Which growth chart should be used?
- Etiological diagnosis
- Physical examination and measurements
- What is disproportionate short stature?
- When to suspect disproportionate shortening?
- Clues from examination and Investigations
- Growth formulae
You may want to go through this detail review on short stature in children
Dr Shantanu Gomases | DNB Pediatric
Shantanu completed his residency from J.N.H.R.C. Bhilai steel plant hospital