DNB PEDIATRICS THEORY QUESTION PAPER DEC 2013
DNB PEDIATRICS THEORY QUESTION PAPER DECEMBER 2013
1) Classify Haemolytic uremic syndrome. Discuss its pathogenesis, clinical features and management?
2) Discuss the approach to the diagnosis of a child presenting with polyurea and polydipsia
3) Define SIRS, sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock. Discuss the management of septic shock
4) Discuss the etiopathogenesis, clinical manifestations and management of Bartter syndrome.
5) Discuss pathogenesis of Graft versus host diseases (GVHD). Discuss clinical manifestations, staging & grading and management of acute GVHD.
6) Write a short notes on
a) Probiotics, prebiotics and symbiotics
b) Diagnostic criteria for Kawasaki disease
7) Write sources, clinical features, prevention and treatment of
a) Mercury poisoning
b) Lead poisoning
8) Describe aetiopathogenesis, diagnosis and management of different types of neurotuberculosis.
9) Write a short notes on
a) Central hypoventilation syndrome
b) Causes and management of hypernatremia in children
10) Define Delayed puberty. Describe the etiology and diagnostic evaluation.
1) How do you classify dog bites? Discuss its management.
2) Discuss etiology, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations and management of Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
3) Discuss perinatal complications of diabetes melitus during pregnancy and prevention of these complications.
4) Write a short on
b) M.D.G (Millennium Development goals)
5) Describe the conditions to be considered for approving the newer vaccine in the immunization programme of a developing country
6) Enumerate classic and non-classic forms of genetic inheritance. Describe the characteristics of autosomal recessive inheritance with a pedigree chart.
7) Define autistic spectrum disorders. Enumerate their clinical features and discuss their management
8) What is global developmental delay? Discuss the algorithmic approach to evaluate the child with global developmental delay.
9) Write short notes on.
a) Mid day Meals programme
b) Revised national cancer programme
10) Write short notes on
a) Voiding dysfunction in children
b) Various adjunctive therapies in the management of overwhelming sepsis in children.
1) Define craniosynostosis and its types. Name specific syndromes ass. With craniosynostosis. Describe the clinical characteristics of common types of craniosynostosis.
2) A 5 yr old boy has attained a height of 137cm. What could be the causes of this situation and which specific clinical pointers may be useful for determining the cause. How will you evaluate the child for underlying endocrinological disorders?
3) Discuss briefly the risks associated with blood transfusion therapy
4) Discuss Developmental dysplasia of hip and its classification? Describe the various age appropriate clinical tests for the condition. Outline the treatment modalities for this conditions at different ages
5) Describe various age appropriate tests for checking visual acuity in children and their limitations.
6) Discuss the key issues in the management of the HIV exposed infant.
7) Discuss various components of primary immunodeficiency, their clinical characteristics and investigations of a suspected predominant B-cell defect.
8) An 8 yr old girl has presented with epistaxis, bleeding gums and ecchymotic patches over trunk. Her platelet count is 20,000/cu.mm discuss the differential diagnosis with specific clinic-investigative pointers. Plan the diagnostic work up for this child.
9) List the etiologies of acute peripheral facial palsy. Describe the clinical features, management and prognosis of Bells palsy in a 10 yrs old girl.
10) What are the types of Atopic dermatitis (AD) in children? Discuss in detail the clinical features of AD. Describe the differential diagnosis of suspected AD.
1) Define chronic kidney disease (CKD) and its stages. What are the manifestations of CKD. Outline its treatment.
2) Discuss the sequential pathological changes seen with iron deficiency state. What laboratory studies can be used to differentiate common microcytic anemias?
3) Discuss pulmonary function tests and their clinical utility
4) Discuss briefly etiology, clinical features and management of steven Johnson syndrome.
5) Discuss the pathophysiological abnormalities in diabetic ketoacidosis. Describe the management of diabetic ketoacidosis in a child weighing 20kg.
6) Discuss the indications and possible mechanisms of action of intravenous immunoglobulin therapy in various pediatric disorders.
7) Discuss the evaluation of child with suspected intestinal malabsorption. Describe genetics, pathogenesis, clinical spectrum and extra intestinal manifestations of celiac disease.
8) Discuss the indications of stem cell transplantation therapy in children. What is the rationale and source for stem cells?
9) Outline methods for assessing fetal well being and their clinical indications.
10) Discuss the diagnostic algorithm for investigating persistant Hypokalemia in a child.