DNB Pediatrics Theory question paper - June 2017
Old DNB theory question paper for final exam held by NBE in June 2017
- A. Physiological function of Zinc in human body with special reference to immunity.
B. Role of Zinc in treatment of pediatric diarrhea.
C. Clinical features of acrodermatitis enteropathica. (5+2+3)
- A. Observational studies.
B. Meta analysis.
C. Assessing the validity of a diagnostic test. (3+4+3).
- A. Rota virus vaccines: dosage, schedule & side effects. 5
B. Mechanisms of antibiotic resistance. 5
- A. Physiology of acid base homeostasis.
B. Enumerate the causes of metabolic acidosis on the basis of anion gap. (6+4)
- A. Setting up of Special Care Newborn Unit in a district hospital.
B. Tools used for developmental screening. (5+5)
- A. Strategies to prevent mother to child transmission of HIV infection. 5
B. Capsule based Nucleic Acid Amplification test (Gene Xpert) for tuberculosis. 5
- A. Draw a diagrammatic representation of the coagulation cascade. 5
B. What is the etiopathogenesis of Vitamin K deficiency in infancy? 5
- A. Surfactant replacement therapy. 5
B. Iron chelation therapy. 5 Indications, mode of action and side effects of intravenous immunoglobulins (IVIG) in pediatric practice. (4+4+2)
- A. Circulation of CSF.
B. Enumerate various causes of hydrocephalus in children. (5+5)
A. Differential diagnosis of respiratory distress in a 6 hour old newborn infant.
B. Pathophysiology and recent advances in the management of Respiratory Distress. Syndrome. (4+(3+3)
- A. Treatment modalities for retinopathy of prematurity.
B. Human milk banking: Criteria for donors, collection & storage.
C. Developmental dysplasia of the hip: Diagnosis. (4+3+3)
- A. Complications of pediatric obesity. 5
B. Management of severe acute malnutrition. 5
- A. Define and enumerate causes of Global Developmental Delay. 5
B. Outline the investigative approach of Global Developmental Delay. 5
- A. Causes of recurrent hematuria. 5
B. Management of steroid resistant nephrotic syndrome. 5
- A. Transfusion associated hepatitis – Diagnosis & management.
B. Management of worm infestation in children. (6+4)
- A. Utility of immunophenotyping in the diagnosis of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia(ALL) in children.
B. Outline management of ALL in children. (5+5)
- A. Indications of growth hormone therapy in Pediatrics. 6
B. Breath Holding Spells 4
- A. Adolescent vaccination. 5
B. Approach to common psychological problems of adolescents. 5
- A. Steps in management of status epilepticus in children.
B. Current status of newer antiepileptic drugs. (6+4)
- Clinical features, diagnostic tests and management of severe malaria in children. (3+3+4)
- A. Management of Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) in children. 5
B. Treatment of childhood autism. 5
- A. Congenital cataract - Diagnosis & management. 5
B. Treatment of acute otitis media. 5
- Pathophysiology, causes, clinical features and management of acute renal failure in children. (3+3+2+2)
- A. Assessment and management of a child with suspected poisoning. 5
B. Management of congenital adrenal hyperplasia. 5
- Outline pain pathway. Pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic methods of pain relief in children. 3+(4+3)
- A. Measures to reduce intracranial tension. 4
B. Management of scabies in children. 6
- A. Factor replacement therapy in Hemophilia. 5
B. Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. 5
- A. Aerosol therapy for respiratory disorders. 5
B. Current guidelines for management of H1N1 infection. 5
- A. Treatment of gastro-esophageal reflux disease. 5
B. Causes of cardiomyopathy in children. 5