DNB Pediatrics Question paper June 2018
DNB theory question paper for final exam held by National Board of Examination in June 2018 .
- A. Mechanism of action of valproate as an anti-epileptic drug.
B. Mechanisms of supraventricular tachycardia and mode of action of adenosine in supraventricular tachycardia. (4+6)
- A. What are the usual patterns in hemoglobin electrophoresis in beta-thalassemia syndromes?
B. Describe the oxygen dissociation curve and the factors affecting it. (4+6)
- A. Neural tube defects.
B. What is the pathogenesis of edema in nephrotic syndrome? (5+5)
- A. Fetal circulation and changes at birth. 4
B. Pulmonary function tests in childhood asthma. 6
- A. Draw pedigree chart for autosomal dominant inheritance pattern of non-consanguineous parents. 5
B. Describe briefly various types of renal nuclear scans. 5
- A. Measures of central tendency.
B. Ethical principles when doing research on humans. (5+5)
- A. Mission Indradhanush.
B. WHO Classification of community-acquired pneumonia in children less than 5 years of age. (5+5)
- A. Sustainable development goals relevant to children. 4
B. Newborn screening is useful in which conditions and how it can be done. 6
- A. Prevention of iron deficiency anemia in children under 5 years of age. 5
B. Magnesium and phosphate in the treatment of acute severe malnutrition. 5
- A. Components of structured abstract. 4
B. Study designs 6
- A. Refeeding syndrome. 5
B. Management of hypoglycemia in newborn. 5
- A. Immunization in immunosuppressed children 5
B. Sexual maturation staging in girls and boys. 5
- A. Describe various types of febrile seizures.
B. Diagnostic criteria for autism. (4+6)
- A. Clinical features and diagnosis of posterior fossa tumors. 5
B. Treatment of raised intracranial tension in acute encephalitic syndrome. 5
- A. Indication of kidney biopsy in a child with massive proteinuria. 4
B. Diagnosis and treatment of nocturnal enuresis in an eight-year-old. 6
- A. Treatment of standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia. (5)
B. Management of hypovolemic Hyponatremia.(5)
- A. Surfactant in HMD.(5)
B. Specific treatment of mild to moderate bleeding in Hemophilia A.(5)
- A. Causes and management of secondary VUR.(5)
B. Treatment of tumor lysis syndrome(5)
- A. Treatment of hypertensive emergency. (5)
B. epilepsy syndrome with focal seizures (5).
- A. Diagnosis of Myasthenia gravis (5)
B. Treatment of steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome. (5)
- A. Diagnostic tests for dengue fever. (4)
B. Diagnosis and treatment of scrub typhus (6)
- A. Treatment of cerebral malaria (5)
B. Investigations for confirmatory diagnosis of tubercular meningitis. (5)
- A. Cutaneous manifestations of SLE.(5)
B. Approach to a case of exanthematous fever in a 14 months child. (5)
- A. Treatment of JIA. (4)
B. Screening and prevention of ROP. (6)
- A. Management of tachycardia with a pulse but with poor perfusion(6)
B. Management of corrosive ingestion in children(4)
- A. Management of fluid refractory septic shock (5)
B. Hyper IGE syndromes(5)
- A. Diagnostic evaluation of biliary atresia(5)
B. Pathophysiology and treatment of cyanotic spell (5)
- A. Premature thelarche (4)
B. Screening and treatment of congenital hypothyroidism (6)
- A. Causes and investigation of persistent pneumonia (5)
B. Diagnosis and treatment of bronchopulmonary aspergillosis(5)
- A. When to suspect and how to investigate for carbohydrate malabsorption(6)
B. Treatment of variceal hemorrhage.(4)