DNB Theory question bank 2022 | Statistics and Evidence based medicine
This is a 2022 update on previously asked questions in the DNB pediatrics theory exam. The questions are arranged topic-wise.
How to use?
- Questions are arranged in chronological order, latest first
- Each question is followed by a Numbers.
- Numbers in bracket are Year followed by session, 1 is June session, 2 is December session eg. (2022/1) is a question from June 2022 question paper
- The number after the bracket is Marks allotted for eg. 5+5 is 5 marks for each subquestion.
- Ethical committee role within an institution (2021/1) 5
- Plagiarism (2021/1) 5
- Odds ratio and limitations (2021/1) 5
- Meta-analysis (2021/1) 5
- Ethics in biomedical research. (2020/1) 5
- Forest Plot.
- Cochrane Review. (2020/1) 5+5
- Comment critically on “Evaluation of a diagnostic test study (2019/2) 6
- Steps in planning an RCT (2019/1) 5
- Tests of statistical significance (2018/2) 5
- Source of health information in research (2018/2) 5
- Components of structured abstract (2018/1) 4
- Study designs (2018/1) 6
- Ethical principles when doing research on humans (2018/1) 5
- Measures of Central tendency (2018/1) 5, (2016/2) 5
- Assessing the value of a diagnostic test (2017/1) 3
- Metanalysis (2017/1) 4
- Observational studies (2017/1) 4
- Need and methods of blinding for research (2017/2) 6
- Characteristics of a good research question (2017/2) 4
- Odds ratio (2016/2) 5
- Meta-analysis (01/2016) 3
- Forest plot graph (01/2016) 3
- a) Ethics in biomedical research
b) Clinical trials phase 1, phase 2, phase 3, and phase 4. (April 2016) 5+5
- a) Forest plot in meta-analysis
b) Evidence-based medicine (April 2016) 4+6
- a) What is a relative risk (RR) and discuss its implications.?
b) What is the usefulness of confidence interval?
c)Implications of sensitivity and specificity. (2015/2) 4+3+3
- a) What is bias in medical research
b) Common types of bias and the methods to minimize bias in analytic studies. (2015/2) 2+4+4
- Write notes on
- Component of ethics in biomedical research
- “p value” and its level of significance
- Allocation concealment (2015/1) 4+3+3
- Define and explain
- positive predictive value, and
- negative predictive value of a diagnostic test. (2010/2) 2.5 4+4+4+4, (2014/2) 2+2+2
- Define and describe the following concepts used for measuring growth a) Percentile b) Percent of median c) Z scores. and discuss their relation to each other. (2012/1) 2+2+3+3
- Types of error in a research study (2014/2) 4
- Discuss the following.
- Students ‘t-test
- Sample size
- Ethics in research (2014/1) 3+3+4
- Epidemiological investigation of an outbreak (2021/1) 5
- Evidence based medicine practice. (2020/01)5
- What is Evidence-Based Medicine? How are the guidelines based on Evidence-Based Medicine developed? How are the recommendation graded for the level of evidence? (2011/2)2+4+4
- Clarify the concept of evidence-based medicine. Define ‘strength of evidence ‘and ‘quality of evidence’. Provide suitable examples to justify your Definitions. (2011/1)3+3+4
- Define evidence-based medicine, as applicable to pediatric practice. Enlist basic steps in the practice of evidence-based medicine. Name a few databases of systematic reviews. (2008/1) 10
Post a Comment