DNB Theory question bank 2022 | The Skin
This is a 2022 update on previously asked questions in the DNB pediatrics theory exam. The questions are arranged topic-wise.
How to use?
- Questions are arranged in chronological order, latest first
- Each question is followed by a Numbers.
- Numbers in bracket are Year followed by session, 1 is June session, 2 is December session eg. (2022/1) is a question from June 2022 question paper
- The number after the bracket is Marks allotted for eg. 5+5 is 5 marks for each subquestion.
- Approach to a case of exanthematous fever in a 14-month old child (2018/1) 5
- Maculopapular rash (2015/1) 5
- Etiology, clinical features, and management of Steven Johnson Syndrome. (2014/2) 3+2+5
- Discuss briefly the etiology, clinical features, and management of Steven-Johnson syndrome. (2013/2) 3+3+4
- Outline the characteristic clinical features of ‘erythema multiforme’ and ‘Steven – Johnson syndrome’. Enumerate the principles of management of Steven–Johnson syndrome. (2010/2) 4+3+3
- Enumerate the causes of persistent fever which are not due to infection. Describe the clinical presentation of ectodermal dysplasias. (2008/1) 10
- Diagnosis and management of a 2-year-old child with Petechial skin rash (1998/1) 15
- Clinical conditions associated with Maculopapular rashes in children and their differential diagnosis (1995/1) 10
- Bullous skin eruptions in newborn babies (1995/2) 15
- New developments in management of Vascular Nevi and scabies in children (1993/1)
- Discuss in brief etiopathogenesis, clinical features and treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in a neonate. (2013/1)3+4+3
- Seborrheic Dematitis in children (2007/1)10
Diseases of Subcutaneous Tissue
- Erythema Nodosum (1999/2)10
Disorders of Hair
- Trichotillomania (2018/2)3
Arthropod Bites and Infestations
- Clinical features and management of scabies in children. (2020/01)5
- Pediculosis (2019/2) 5
- Management of scabies in children (2017/1) 4
- Discuss the treatment of the following: Scabies (2014/1) 4
- Acne in adolescence (2016/2)
- Review the etiology and management of adolescent acne. What are the psychological complications in children (2006)10